Manly Oceanworld Australia
brief history ...
Oceanworld was built in 1962 as Manly
's Aquarium and refurbished in 1988. Oceanworld was the first aquarium in Australia to have a 110m
under water glass tunnel through a 4 million litre tank which holds 5,000+ marine species.
- critically endangered grey nurse shark, wobbegongs, Port Jackson sharks and blind sharks
- reptiles such as crocodiles, taipans, tiger snakes, brown snakes and various lizards
- invertebrates such as funnel-web spiders
- you can prticipate at shows, talks and demonstrations or join a guided tour
- you can dive in the shark tank
Personal comment: If time or money are an issue, between Sydney Aquarium
Oceanworld I would choose the former.
tourist information ...
How to get there
is located on the right side of the Manly
Wharf at 200m
From Circular Quay
you can catch a ferry
or a JetCat
. Alternatively you have buses
available from Wynyard Station.
. For more details please check the trip planner
West Esplanade MANLY NSW 2095
Phone: 61 2 8251 7877
Fax: 61 2 9949 7950
Web site: Oceanworld Manly Australia
Hours of Operation
Open from 10am - 5.30pm every day except 25 December.